Impossible problem? Trig/geometry circle problem that contradicts itself...

Xonian

Hey guys, I was doing my Geometry homework and I ran into a problem that just does not seem to work. I used the Power of a Point theorem as well as trig functions. I have done each method multiple times and keep getting the same two different answers, one for each method. When I use Power of a Point, I get the correct answer, but when I use trig I get a wrong answer. If you could let me know what I am doing wrong, that would be great. I have included a photo of the problem (the green writing is information that I have included), as well as a photo of my work. Thanks!
geov2.jpggeov1.jpg

There does exist a triangle such as you calculated in the left hand column. However, that triangle is not a 40-50-90 triangle. In other words, the picture you have supplied is not possible; the point 10 units from a circle with tangent length 25 does not create a 50 degree arc on the circle.

There does exist a triangle such as you calculated in the left hand column. However, that triangle is not a 40-50-90 triangle. In other words, the picture you have supplied is not possible; the point 10 units from a circle with tangent length 25 does not create a 50 degree arc on the circle.

Ok, that makes sense. I think that the problem doesn't work out. It was made by my teacher and a lot of them can't be solved.

So what? So the teacher was wrong;)
Once more: what is given is IMPOSSIBLE.
If you want z = y+10, tell your teacher to change his/her angles...

Note:
As it is, y = 26.25 and z = 36.35
But angles are ~46.4 and ~43.6, nor 40 and 50.

Yeah, we got it resolved in class. My teacher gave too much information on the problem.