multiplying radicals please help

I've been stuck on this for about a week

f(x)= square root of 5 243x6
You've been given a function:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle f(x)\, =\, \sqrt{5}\, 243 x^6\)

But what are you supposed to be doing with this?

Since you've been working on this for about a week, please include at least one example of your efforts when you reply with the instructions, etc, for this exercise. Thank you! ;)

You've been given a function:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle f(x)\, =\, \sqrt{5}\, 243 x^6\)

But what are you supposed to be doing with this?

Since you've been working on this for about a week, please include at least one example of your efforts when you reply with the instructions, etc, for this exercise. Thank you! ;)

I'm guessing that this problem involves a FIFTH root, and it is easier to type with fractional exponents:

(243 x6) (1/5)

Can you write 243 as a power of 3? Can you then apply one of the rules for exponents? (I'm thinking of the rule for finding the power of a product)......

Power of 3, what does that mean?

I'm guessing that this problem involves a FIFTH root, and it is easier to type with fractional exponents:

(243 x6) (1/5)

Can you write 243 as a power of 3? Can you then apply one of the rules for exponents? (I'm thinking of the rule for finding the power of a product)......

You ask if you can you write 243 as a power of 3. I think you are missing a mental image, 2 to the power 3, i.e 23 means (2)(2)(2)

If you say something like 34 then this is short hand for (3)(3)(3)(3) =81

So when ask "can 243 we written as a power of 3" you are asking, "Can I write a string of factors of 3 which equal 243, i.e (3)(3)(3) ... = 243?"
Understanding this you can pretty much answer your question by mental calculation or by using a calculator.

(The answer is yes. BTW you can also write 244 as a power of 3 but then you will need to use logs because the exponent will not be an integer.)

Note also that x6= (x)(x5).

You ask if you can you write 243 as a power of 3. I think you are missing a mental image, 2 to the power 3, i.e 23 means (2)(2)(2)

If you say something like 34 then this is short hand for (3)(3)(3)(3) =81

So when ask "can 243 we written as a power of 3" you are asking, "Can I write a string of factors of 3 which equal 243, i.e (3)(3)(3) ... = 243?"
Understanding this you can pretty much answer your question by mental calculation or by using a calculator.

(The answer is yes. BTW you can also write 244 as a power of 3 but then you will need to use logs because the exponent will not be an integer.)

Note also that x6= (x)(x5).

I think you may have been confused by my question.....I anticipated that the original poster might find it helpful to realize that 243 = 35

Oops

I think you may have been confused by my question.....I anticipated that the original poster might find it helpful to realize that 243 = 35

Yes, I confused you with the original person asking the question, apologies.