Question about Posting Solutions

ahorn

I am wondering how appropriate it is for me to post my solution to the question in a discussion. Most other people seem to be avoiding that and just giving helpful hints. I would often like to know if my solution is correct once I have gone through the effort of working the question out.

I am wondering how appropriate it is for me to post my solution to the question in a discussion. Most other people seem to be avoiding that and just giving helpful hints. I would often like to know if my solution is correct once I have gone through the effort of working the question out.

If you are the original poster of the problem - you are most welcome to posting full solution. If you are trying to help somebody else - hence not the original poster - we prefer that you steer the student to correct solution by giving them hints.

I would often like to know if my solution is correct once I have gone through the effort of working the question out.

Hello ahorn:

If you would like someone to check your work on somebody else's exercise, you could start your own thread and post both the exercise and your workings.

Otherwise, please do not post solutions too soon, in other people's threads; this is a tutoring web site.

However, you're free to post your solution, if the original student does not respond; please wait at least five days from the OP.

Thank you! :cool: