Typing in a post is difficult

ahorn

I find it incredibly painstaking to type a message, because only one letter is processed every few seconds, no matter how many times I try to press the letter on the keyboard. The insertion cursor flickers instead of blinking. I also cannot paste text in.

I find it incredibly painstaking to type a message, because only one letter is processed every few seconds, no matter how many times I try to press the letter on the keyboard. The insertion cursor flickers instead of blinking. I also cannot paste text in.

I don't experience these issues, and I don't recall reading about anyone else having them. Please log-off and reboot your computer.

Or, are you using that Tap-Talk app for handheld devices? It's problematic!

Hello, I'm a new member. I've had the same problem that you described. My computer is quite new so I don't think it's an age related thing.
As a solution I've had to type on a word document and then paste on the forum. But the problem with this is that when I need to EDIT I can't.

Note that I have no problem typing to the forum using my mobile phone.
Thanks

Hello, I'm a new member. I've had the same problem that you described. My computer is quite new so I don't think it's an age related thing.
As a solution I've had to type on a word document and then paste on the forum. But the problem with this is that when I need to EDIT I can't.

Note that I have no problem typing to the forum using my mobile phone.
Thanks

Hi MathsFormula

I was able to fix the problem by disabling the WYSIWYG interface, as suggested by mmm444bot.

Hi. Another member just posted what may be a similar issue with keystrokes. The fix was to turn off the WYSIWYG interface. (See the FAQ.) Maybe doing this will resolve your issue, too.
To clarify, one may turn of "what you see is what you get" formatting by clicking the following button at the far left of the top formatting-key row above the message-entry box:

non_WYSIWYG.png

Hope that helps! ;)