What is the probability of getting a perfect 100-0 pinochle game?

LeitertheWriter

There are 48 cards in a pinochle deck with two of all the cards 9 and above. I played with three other players with the goal of getting to 100 total points for all of the hands played. My partner passed me the perfect three cards for me to pass back all three of my bad cards so that in one hand we had 48 points final score. The other hand totaled 52 points when I took it for a grand total of 100 points to zero. I have never in 40 years playing pinochle seen such a game. Someone, please tell me what the odds are against such a result happening. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi Leiter. The odds of finishing a game with that score involve more than just the deal, correct? There are many ways in which the dealt cards could be passed; we would need to count them.) There are many ways in which the passed cards could be played; we would need to count them, too. Finally, of all the many combinations of deal, pass, and play, we would need to tally how many result in your posted score. These counts are a big challenge to figure out, for people who don't understand Pinochle (like me).