Write the doman of the function in interval notation

p(x)= √2x^2+9x-18

How do I begin this problem?
You have included within your post no instructions for this exercise, and subject lines frequently don't relate, so I hesitate to assume. Are you maybe supposed to find the domain of the function? If so, then think about the values which you can not have inside a square root. The domain would be all other x-values. ;)

Write the domain in interval notation

Is the problem \(\displaystyle \sqrt{2x^2+9x-18}~?\) You wrote \(\displaystyle \sqrt{2}x^2+9x-18\)
Learn to use grouping symbols.

Yes, your version is correct. I just wanted to know the first step because I can't seem to recall it.

All the instructions say is to write the domain of the function in interval notation.

Yes, your version is correct. I just wanted to know the first step because I can't seem to recall it.

All the instructions say is to write the domain of the function in interval notation.
What types of numbers are NOT allowed inside square roots? What x-values would give you that sort of number? The domain will be everything else.

As for the range, try graphing. You should be well familiar with the general shape of square-root functions, so stating the range from the graph should be fairly straightforward, especially once you've defined the domain.

If you get stuck, please reply showing your efforts so far. Thank you! ;)