i really need help with this problem.

mikebob

i have this particular question: the final examination scores in a statistics course are normally distrubuted with the average score of 70 and standard deviation of 6. The department decideds to give A's to the top 20% of the class and F's to the bottom 5% of the class

a) find the lowest possible score for getting an A

b) find the lowest passing score for the class

i have this particular question: the final examination scores in a statistics course are normally distrubuted with the average score of 70 and standard deviation of 6. The department decideds to give A's to the top 20% of the class and F's to the bottom 5% of the class

What are your thoughts?

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

Please share your work with us ... even if you know it is wrong

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

The final examination scores in a statistics course are normally distrubuted with the average score of 70 and standard deviation of 6. The department decideds to give A's to the top 20% of the class and F's to the bottom 5% of the class

The A's are from the top 20%. So what did you get as the z-score for this?

(If you're needing to refresh on z-scores, means and standard deviations, and percentages, try this lesson. They get to percentages and conversions on the third page, working the exercise from the bottom of the second page.)

When you reply, please include a clear listing of all of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)