Generalized Holder Inequality

Mathkk

Let \(\displaystyle a_i \in \mathbb R^n\) with \(\displaystyle a_i = (a_{i}^j)_{j = 1 ... n} = (a_{i}^1, ... ,a_{i}^n)\) for \(\displaystyle i = 1, ... , k\) and let \(\displaystyle p_1,...,p_k \in \mathbb R_{>1}\) with \(\displaystyle \frac1{p_1}+ ... + \frac1{p_k} = 1\)

Then show the following inequality by assuming that there are for every \(\displaystyle i = 1, ... ,k\) one \(\displaystyle N \in \mathbb N_{>1}\) and one \(\displaystyle n_i \in \{1,...,2^N\}\) with \(\displaystyle p_i = 2^N / n_i\):

\(\displaystyle \sum_{j=1}^n|\prod_{i=1}^ka_{i}^j| \leq \prod_{i=1}^k(\sum_{j=1}^n|a_{i}^j|^{p_i})^{1 \over {p_i}}\)

I am pretty much lost...

Last edited:
Let $a_i \in \mathbb R^n$ with $a_i = (a_{i}^j)_{j = 1 ... n} = (a_{i}^1, ... ,a_{i}^n)$ for $i = 1, ... , k$ and let $p_1,...,p_k \in \mathbb R_{>1}$ with $\frac1{p_1}+ ... + \frac1{p_k} = 1$

Then show the following inequality by assuming that there are for every $i = 1, ... ,k$ one $N \in \mathbb N_{>1}$ and one $n_i \in \{1,...,2^N\}$ with $p_i = 2^N / n_i$:

$$\sum_{j=1}^n|\prod_{i=1}^ka_{i}^j| \leq \prod_{i=1}^k(\sum_{j=1}^n|a_{i}^j|^{p_i})^{1 \over {p_i}}$$

Your post is unreadable! Please check the display and repost. AND

What are your thoughts?

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

Please share your work with us ... even if you know it is wrong

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

Let \(\displaystyle a_i \in \mathbb R^n\) with \(\displaystyle a_i = (a_{i}^j)_{j = 1 ... n} = (a_{i}^1, ... ,a_{i}^n)\) for \(\displaystyle i = 1, ... , k\) and let \(\displaystyle p_1,...,p_k \in \mathbb R_{>1}\) with \(\displaystyle \frac1{p_1}+ ... + \frac1{p_k} = 1\)

Then show the following inequality by assuming that there are for every \(\displaystyle i = 1, ... ,k\) one \(\displaystyle N \in \mathbb N_{>1}\) and one \(\displaystyle n_i \in \{1,...,2^N\}\) with \(\displaystyle p_i = 2^N / n_i\):

\(\displaystyle \sum_{j=1}^n|\prod_{i=1}^ka_{i}^j| \leq \prod_{i=1}^k(\sum_{j=1}^n|a_{i}^j|^{p_i})^{1 \over {p_i}}\)
+B)
Do not use $ for TeX, use [ tex][/tex] instead.