Inverse Function

wan nini

hello there,

I'm a newbie here. Im an engineering student and I really need your help for my problem.
I have an equation and need to find the inverse function.

y=xm+1+x

tqvm

hello there,

I'm a newbie here. Im an engineering student and I really need your help for my problem.
I have an equation and need to find the inverse function.

y=xm+1+x

tqvm
y = x((x^m)+1). If m is odd, then x=-1 is a root of x((x^m) + 1). Also x =0 is a root of x((x^m) + 1). Then this function is not 1-1 and hence has no inverse.

Is there any information about m??

y = x((x^m)+1). If m is odd, then x=-1 is a root of x((x^m) + 1). Also x =0 is a root of x((x^m) + 1). Then this function is not 1-1 and hence has no inverse.

Is there any information about m??

the m is variable positive numbers.
I have plot the equation using the matlab. one to one.jpg
I'm consider m=0.5

% matlab eqn for one to one

x=[-10:0.01:10]

for i=1:numel(x)

m=0.5;
y(i)=x(i)^(m+1)+x(i)
end

plot(x,y)
title('One to One')
xlabel('Input, x')
ylabel('Output, y')

the m is variable positive numbers.
You've shown one m-value for which it appears there may be an inverse function. The other poster showed an m-value for this there definitely is not an inverse function. Thus, there can be no generalized inverse function in terms of m. ;)

You've shown one m-value for which it appears there may be an inverse function. The other poster showed an m-value for this there definitely is not an inverse function. Thus, there can be no generalized inverse function in terms of m. ;)

meaning that this equation is only work for certain m value only.it is true?

tqvm

meaning that this equation is only work for certain m value only.it is true?

tqvm
The function works for all values of m. You input an x value and never get back more than one y value.
The function does not have an inverse for every value for m.

The function works for all values of m. You input an x value and never get back more than one y value.
The function does not have an inverse for every value for m.

Meaning that, there is no way that I can find the general inverse equation for that equation :confused: