Deleted Replies?

Methinks you need to ease up a bit on your coke consumption and maybe start talking prozac.

That's a lost argument by prosecution who would like to hide the sins of their clients sitting in the bar room.

I don't enforce my views on others neither by force nor by coercion.

But those of the believers living in Bible Belt of United States knew back in 1992 that they were looking at the chosen one, the Messiah.

Forget about those here in my neck of the woods, these and their compatriots living in Oldham, Bradford and Burnley would cut throats as that of a goat of those who question their nomadic messenger.

What happens to deleted post?

Hi Jonah!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, posts are deleted by a number of causes; hence, a short answer to your question above is "it depends".

If you're asking about posts that have been explicitly removed by a moderator, then one of two things happens.

1) If the post contains information that may need to be accessed by a moderator in the future (eg: DexterOnline's post that contains profanity), then the post is not actually deleted; such a post remains in its thread, but it's no longer viewable by the general membership.

2) If the post is garbage (eg: duplicate posts) or the author has asked for it to be deleted, then eventually the removed post is permanently deleted through subsequent housekeeping tasks.

If you're asking about posts that have not been explicitly removed by a moderator, then nobody knows where they "went"; such posts appear to be forever lost. I'm confident that Ted would have mentioned a recycle bin by now, if there were one.

Posts are lost through flaws in the system software (like post-move fails). Posts are lost through malicious hackers (like ~6000 of my original posts, from a decade ago). Posts are lost through server crashes (like what happened to JeffM). Posts are lost through human error (I imagine that everyone has clicked the wrong stupid button at least once).

This is life, in the 21st century. :cool:

Hi Jonah!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, posts are deleted by a number of causes; hence, a short answer to your question above is "it depends".

This is life, in the 21st century. :cool:

Exactly what I call stone age, the Jahiliyya

If you thought I gave out the best of my financial formulas and that you made plently of money on it already then you be dead wrong as I saved the best for last

In stone age circa 2015, the present value of one dollar the so-called fundamental principle in financial analysis looks like this

PV = (1+i)^(-n)

It has been this way from the days before our Lord Christ walked on Earth, which leads to formation of a n-degree polynomial which was almost impossible to solve before yours truly gave you an IRR formula

But the real gem is still hidden in closet like a straight man in late 21st century wanting to come out and tell his mum that he is straight

But I am afraid I already gave you zillions of my financial formulas only to be ridiculed in return

Alas you would have to await till late 21st century before finding out the new formula to find present value of one dollar using which interest rate on annuity is easily solvable using simple algebraic rules

Ha Ha Ha