100 pieces equaling 100 dollars, using change and dollar bills.

tandra

I am doing a poster and i need 100 pieces equaling 100 dollars, using change and dollar bills. I need a mixture, not just 100 ones

I am doing a poster and i need 100 pieces equaling 100 dollars, using change and dollar bills. I need a mixture, not just 100 ones

There isn't anyway to do this unless you have coins that are $1 or more. To see this, suppose you only have the usual penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and we'll even through in the obsolete 50 cent piece. First, you can make you 100 pieces equaling $100 by take 100 dollar bills. Now suppose ou remove one of those bills so you can replace it with change. The least number of coins you can use to make up that dollar is two 50 cent pieces but that means you now have 101 pieces.

I believe that the United States Mint has two current $1 coin programs. I don't know how strict the definition is for 'change', but the US Mint also produces coins with $5, $10, $50, and $100 face value (although, you would not want to spend any of those). If you go back to the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, there are $20 coins. Google, for images.

100bucks.jpg5bucks.jpg10bucks.jpg