Normal line with no X given?

marco213

Hello everyone,

Earlier I have come up with a problem where the point was not given and it made me confused on how I can solve it without a point...

Anyway, the problem says to find the Normal Line at y = (2x-3)/(4x-5) where the parabola touches the X axis.

From my understanding, what I can think of is that it gives the point Y, which is 0, but not the point X. Now I have looked a lot to find a similar problem but they all have a given point and they always start with the X point.

Any help on how to start this would be greatly appreciated :D

Hello everyone,

Earlier I have come up with a problem where the point was not given and it made me confused on how I can solve it without a point...

Anyway, the problem says to find the Normal Line at y = (2x-3)/(4x-5) where the parabola touches the X axis.

From my understanding, what I can think of is that it gives the point Y, which is 0, but not the point X. Now I have looked a lot to find a similar problem but they all have a given point and they always start with the X point.

Any help on how to start this would be greatly appreciated :D
Do you have a good understanding of what equals means?? If y=7 can you tell me what the right hand side equals?
If y=0 then the fraction (2x-3)/(4x-5) = 0! When does a fraction equal zero??