Math help

huujhu

Hi, I'm new to this forum so i'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post school problems (I apologize is not). Though i really need help with this math task if someone has the time.

20 cockroaches are in a limited area. According to an estimation a maximum of 500 cockroches will be able to survive in this are. The proportioality constant is estimated to be 0.0003.

a. Set up an differential equation with the given values. Inticate the number of cockroaches N(t) where t is the time in mounts
b. Solve the equation och draw the graph to the solution curve. Explain shortly the appearence of the curve.
c. After how many weeks has the population of cockroaches reached halv the maximum value.

I'd like to note that we are supposed to use Wolfram Alpha in this assignment.

THanks again if anyone has the time to help me

Best regards

Hi, I'm new to this forum so i'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post school problems (I apologize is not). Though i really need help with this math task if someone has the time.

20 cockroaches are in a limited area. According to an estimation a maximum of 500 cockroches will be able to survive in this are. The proportioality constant is estimated to be 0.0003.

a. Set up an differential equation with the given values. Inticate the number of cockroaches N(t) where t is the time in mounts
b. Solve the equation och draw the graph to the solution curve. Explain shortly the appearence of the curve.
c. After how many weeks has the population of cockroaches reached halv the maximum value.

I'd like to note that we are supposed to use Wolfram Alpha in this assignment.

THanks again if anyone has the time to help me

Best regards
This forum is a place for help with math including homework and other problems but it is not a place which will do your homework for you. So tell us what work you have done and where you are stuck so we can help you. Look at
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/46555-Read-Before-Posting!
for the 'rules' for posting.

As an example of the help provided you have the following: For this type of problem it sounds like you (should) have been told that the rate of growth of a population is proportional to the population size. So, if we let N(t) stand for population size, what does that say about the relationship of N(t) and the derivative of N(t) [wrt t]?