Set Theory Question?

MathTutor

Let R be the equivalence relation in the set A = {0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5} given by R = {(a, b) : 2 divides (a – b)}. Write the equivalence class [0].

Let R be the equivalence relation in the set A = {0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5} given by R = {(a, b) : 2 divides (a – b)}. Write the equivalence class [0].
Here are hints:
1) There are three elements in \(\displaystyle [0]\); or \(\displaystyle \|[0]\|=3\).

2) \(\displaystyle 4\in [0].\)

What does an equivalence [0] mean? You will have no chance of doing this problem until you know what [0] means. Use the hint you already was given to try to figure out what [0] means if you do not know.

What does an equivalence [0] mean? You will have no chance of doing this problem until you know what [0] means. Use the hint you already was given to try to figure out what [0] means if you do not know.
Are you serious? Can you really imagine that someone called MATHtutor would not know what equivalence classes are?

Are you serious? Can you really imagine that someone called MATHtutor would not know what equivalence classes are?
I had the same thought. My question to myself was how can some called MATHtutor not be able to do this problem?