can someone help me with a few homework problems

mdb2000

"Susan's class spent $43.20 on 41 flowchart templates and packages of graph paper. The templates cost $.90 each and the paper costs $1.25 per package. How many of each did the class buy?"

2. "You and your friend go to a Mexican restaurant. You order 2 tacos and 3 enchiladas, and your friend orders 3 tacos and 5 enchiladas. One bill was $7.80 plus tax, and the other bill was $12.70 plus tax. How much was each taco and enchilada?"

3. "A room is rectangular and has a perimeter of 42 feet. The room is 4 feet longer than it is wide. What are the dimensions of the room?"

i dont quite know how to work them out, if someone could that'd be nice
:D

Last edited:
"Susan's class spent $43.20 on 41 flowchart templates and packages of graph paper. The templates cost $.90 each and the paper costs $1.25 per package. How many of each did the class buy?"

2. "You and your friend go to a Mexican restaurant. You order 2 tacos and 3 enchiladas, and your friend orders 3 tacos and 5 enchiladas. One bill was $7.80 plus tax, and the other bill was $12.70 plus tax. How much was each taco and enchilada?"

3. "A room is rectangular and has a perimeter of 42 feet. The room is 4 feet longer than it is wide. What are the dimensions of the room?"

i dont quite know how to work them out, if someone could that'd be nice

What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

As a hint on the first problem, let T be the number of templates bought and G be the number of packages of graph paper. What is the sum of T and G? What was the total cost of the the templates, of the graph paper, and is the sum of those two?

i just needed help on the formulas but i remember now and i finished them