Discrete Math Problem - "Dirichlet pigeonhole principle"

Tom154

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I've seen there is not discrete Math section in this forum so I guess I'll post my question here:

I need to solve a problem using "Dirichlet pigeonhole principle" and the problem is formalize in the following way:

"The numbers 1,2,3.........64 are given.
we have to choose 33 of those numbers(they must be different I think) so that in this 33 numbers there is a couple of numbers such as that one is the divider of the other"

Any help in approaching this problem will be greatly appreciated since I have no clue to what kind of holes I need to divide my numbers.

Thank you

Tom

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I've seen there is not discrete Math section in this forum so I guess I'll post my question here:

I need to solve a problem using "Dirichlet pigeonhole principle" and the problem is formalize in the following way:

"The numbers 1,2,3.........64 are given.
we have to choose 33 of those numbers(they must be different I think) so that in this 33 numbers there is a couple of numbers such as that one is the divider of the other"

Any help in approaching this problem will be greatly appreciated since I have no clue to what kind of holes I need to divide my numbers.

Thank you

Tom

Hint: In 1 - 64 there at most 32 prime numbers.

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting