Please help: "a hole is being filled with dirt..."

Funny

Hi i have a math question: a hole is being filled with dirt at a rate of 25 pounds per minute. There are 300 pounds of dirt in the hole to start. If D represents the amount of dirt in the hole and and T represents the number of minutes the dirt has been added write an equation relating D to T and graph it:
how would i do this? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i have a math question: a hole is being filled with dirt at a rate of 25 pounds per minute. There are 300 pounds of dirt in the hole to start. If D represents the amount of dirt in the hole and and T represents the number of minutes the dirt has been added write an equation relating D to T and graph it:
how would i do this? Thank you
Let d be the amount of dirt in pounds.
Let t be the number of minutes dirt has been added.

d(t) = 300 + 25t

Denis pretty much covered your question. I can stress declaring your variables, teachers are picky about it.

If D represents the amount of dirt in the hole and and T represents the number of minutes the dirt has been added write an equation relating D to T ...

Let d be the amount of dirt in pounds.
Let t be the number of minutes dirt has been added.

d(t) = 300 + 25t

Denis pretty much covered your question. > > > > I can stress declaring your variables, teachers are picky about it. < < < <

User Funny did declare the variables, except he/she is missing the needed "in pounds" for D.

And Funny used capital letters instead of lower case letters.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - - -- - -- - -- - - -- - - - - - -- - - -

Funny, based on what you gave, your equation could be:

D = 25T + 300 \(\displaystyle \ \ \ \ \)or

D = 300 + 25T

Last edited: