How can I solve this?

adisarun

I would like to find out the probability value. I came across this problem in a book with answer but I have little clue on how to solve it. I appreciate if someone could show me the steps in solving the equation. The given answer is 0.021. Please help.

[FONT=MathJax_Size1]Integration(x=200 to 250) [[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]P[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]([/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]a[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]=[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]∧[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]450[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]−[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]≤[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]b[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]≤[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main])][/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]d[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT], where [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]a[/FONT] and [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]b[/FONT] are uniformly distributed random variables on [FONT=MathJax_Main]([FONT=MathJax_Main]0[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main],[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]][/FONT][/FONT] and [FONT=MathJax_Main]([FONT=MathJax_Main]10[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main],[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]][/FONT][/FONT] respectively.

I would like to find out the probability value. I came across this problem in a book with answer but I have little clue on how to solve it. I appreciate if someone could show me the steps in solving the equation. The given answer is 0.021. Please help.

[FONT=MathJax_Size1]Integration(x=200 to 250) [[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]P[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]([/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]a[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]=[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]∧[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]450[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]−[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]≤[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]b[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]≤[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main])][/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]d[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT], where [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]a[/FONT] and [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]b[/FONT] are uniformly distributed random variables on [FONT=MathJax_Main]([FONT=MathJax_Main]0[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main],[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]][/FONT][/FONT] and [FONT=MathJax_Main]([FONT=MathJax_Main]10[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main],[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]][/FONT][/FONT] respectively.
There is no "equation" in what you've posted. Are you asking how to evaluate the integral? If so, have you studied calculus at all?

Also, what is the meaning of the "carat" symbol after the "a = x" statement? Is that the logical "or", or is it something else? (The "carat" for exponentiation is a different character, so I'm not sure what you mean.)

When you reply, please show all of your thoughts and efforts so far. For instance, when you attempted to follow the worked examples in your textbook and in your class notes, what did you do? How far did you get? And so forth. Thank you! ;)