Raw moments of 3-parameter Weibull distribution

mehdi_m990

Hi,
I know that the formula for computing the raw moments of 2-parameter Weibull distribution is:
Mu'n=b^n*Gamma(1+n/c), where b and c are scale and shape parameters, respectively.

However, I couldn't find any exact formula for a 3-parameter Weibull distribution. Is there any simple formula for it???

Thank you in advance

Hi,
I know that the formula for computing the raw moments of 2-parameter Weibull distribution is:
Mu'n=b^n*Gamma(1+n/c), where b and c are scale and shape parameters, respectively.

However, I couldn't find any exact formula for a 3-parameter Weibull distribution. Is there any simple formula for it???

Thank you in advance
I don't recognize that as the Weibull distribution. The general form of the Weibull distribution as given at
http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/eda3668.htm
is
\(\displaystyle f(x) = \frac{\gamma} {\alpha} (\frac{x-\mu} {\alpha})^{(\gamma - 1)}\exp{(-((x-\mu)/\alpha)^{\gamma})} \hspace{.3in} x \ge \mu; \gamma, \alpha > 0\)
where γ is the shape parameter, μ is the location parameter and α is the scale parameter.

Thank you, but I meant the formula for computing the raw moments of Weibull, and not its pdf