Inequality questions. Please Help

phenomenal

Each of the following sets is the solution of an inequality of the form |x-c|<d. Find c and d.

a) (0,4)

I'm too sure what formula to use or how to re-arrange this question.

2.Determine all numbers A>0 for which the statement is true
a)|x-2|<A then |2x-4|<3

Thank You=)

Each of the following sets is the solution of an inequality of the form |x-c|<d. Find c and d.

a) (0,4)

a)|x-2|<A then |2x-4|<3

Thank You=)

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions. Do you know the definition of functor? Where is it used?

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

a) (0,4)

What you have posted looks like a point. Is it perhaps instead an interval, so you've been given the interval (which can be viewed as a set of points), and you're needing to find a way of expressing the elements of the interval in the given absolute-value-inequality form?

If so, then try using what you learned back in algebra. (You can refresh here.) Find the center point of the interval, find the length of the interval, and then convert to absolute-value form.

a)|x-2|<A then |2x-4|<3
Again, this is just the algebra you learned back before you took calculus. How does "x - 2" relate to "2x - 4"? How then does A relate to 3?

If you get stuck, please reply showing all of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)