Laws of Exponents.

Meezus123

Hello, I'm trying to complete this homework

< link to objectionable page removed >

and I'm really stuck right now. I understand I'm meant to use exponents laws to work it out but I'm not sure which ones and how to finish off the question (Write as a power of 2). For the first one I'm totally lost because I can't find an exponent law which uses addition. For the second question I think I understand the first one this I what I've done so far but I'm completely lost on how to do the second.

82 x 2-3 =
82 = 64
2-3 = 0.125
64 x 0.125 = 8

But now I'm not sure what to write, it asks for it as a power of 2? Does it just mean write 23.

If anyone could help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'm trying to complete this homework (<link removed>) and I'm really stuck right now. I understand I'm meant to use exponents laws to work it out but I'm not sure which ones and how to finish off the question (Write as a power of 2). For the first one I'm totally lost because I can't find an exponent law which uses addition. For the second question I think I understand the first one this I what I've done so far but I'm completely lost on how to do the second.

82 x 2-3 =
82 = 64
2-3 = 0.125
64 x 0.125 = 8

But now I'm not sure what to write, it asks for it as a power of 2? Does it just mean write 23.

If anyone could help would be greatly appreciated.

Let's not use "x" here for multiplication, especially since it used for a variables.

Rewrite 8 as \(\displaystyle \ 2^3\).

\(\displaystyle (2^3)^2*2^{-3} \ = \)

Can you finish it?

Last edited by a moderator: