Need Help with "How much are adult and child tickets for the zoo?"

Stocky

So me and my grandad have been arguing for the past few days about how to answer this question, could someone please answer it and tell me as best you can how you did it. That would be great thanks.

The Gray family, Mr and Mrs Gray and their 3 children, pay £45 to get into a zoo. The Khan family, Mr and Mrs Khan, their grown up son and four children, pay £63.75 to get into the same zoo. How much are adult and child tickets for the zoo

The Gray family, Mr and Mrs Gray and their 3 children, pay £45 to get into a zoo. The Khan family, Mr and Mrs Khan, their grown up son and four children, pay £63.75 to get into the same zoo. How much are adult and child tickets for the zoo
If you had three families of the Gray type, how many adults and children would you have? What would be their cost?

If you had two families of the Khan type, how many adults and children would you have? What would be their cost?

Comparing the two (now much larger) groups, which group is larger? By how many of which ticket type (that is, adult or child)? Comparing the two costs, how much does that overage cost? What can you conclude from this?

So me and my grandad have been arguing for the past few days....
Please reply with a clear statement of at least one of your solution efforts, so that we can see where you're getting stuck. Thank you! ;)

Thankyou

FINALLY!!!!
After a few minutes of working things out using your method I solved the problem. He was basically saying that it was impossible for the tickets to be the same price for both families and that the question was asking "how much did each family pay." He also dragged larger families having some kind of discount into the equation. Hey ho it's been a while since he's done an exam

Thanks again man