Find the distance between X and the north edge of the triangle

Lokyus

The edges of the triangle are 80 parsecs apart. The distance between X and the northeast vertex is two times the distance between X and the south vertex. The distance between X and the northwest vertex is 5 times the distance between X and the south vertex. Find the distance between X and the north edge (the dotted line) in parsecs.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 13
attachment.php

The edges of the triangle are 80 parsecs apart.
Triangles have three sides and three vertices. What do you mean by "edges"? How are those "edges" a certain number of units "apart"? Are you perhaps referring to the lengths of the sides? The vertices of the "base"? Or something else?

The distance between X and the northeast vertex....
"The northeast vertex" of what? The triangle, as currently posted, has a northern vertex (near the "N" designator for "north"), a southwestern vertex, and a southeastern vertex. To which are you making reference?

....is two times the distance between X and the south vertex. The distance between X and the northwest vertex is 5 times the distance between X and the south vertex.
Same question as above.

Find the distance between X and the north edge (the dotted line) in parsecs.
"The dotted line" is a line interior to the triangle. The triangle has no "north edge" (unless you mean "north vertex"). So this "find" question makes no sense.

Kindly please reply with clarification. When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts thus far, so that we can see the progress you've made on this exercise. Thank you! ;)

Triangles have three sides and three vertices. What do you mean by "edges"? How are those "edges" a certain number of units "apart"? Are you perhaps referring to the lengths of the sides? The vertices of the "base"? Or something else?

"The northeast vertex" of what? The triangle, as currently posted, has a northern vertex (near the "N" designator for "north"), a southwestern vertex, and a southeastern vertex. To which are you making reference?

Same question as above.

"The dotted line" is a line interior to the triangle. The triangle has no "north edge" (unless you mean "north vertex"). So this "find" question makes no sense.

Kindly please reply with clarification. When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts thus far, so that we can see the progress you've made on this exercise. Thank you! ;)
I'm sorry for the confusion, I just copied this stupid task. I could rewrite the task a bit.
AB = AC = BC = 80 parsecs (or feet; it doesn't really matter)
As you said, the triangle has a northern vertex near the "N" designator for "north", but now I've used those designators as pages of the triangle just so you could understand it more clearly:
The distance between X and page E (or a) is two times the distance between X and page S (or c) and the distance between X and page W (or b) is five times the distance between X and page S (or c). I need to find the distance between X and the N vertex (or vertex C).

Are you using "pages" to indicate "sides", "vertices", or something else?

Thank you! ;)