How many mls of would you draw into a syringe if the medicine is 10mg per ml, ...

Mark2015

Can anybody help me with this math problem? I can't for the life of me work it out!
Appreciate any help! Thank you!

How many mls of would you draw into a syringe if the medicine is 10mg per ml, the dose rate is 2mg per kg, and the animal weighs 8kg?

Can anybody help me with this math problem? I can't for the life of me work it out!
Appreciate any help! Thank you!

How many mls of would you draw into a syringe if the medicine is 10mg per ml, the dose rate is 2mg per kg, and the animal weighs 8kg?

Knowing the mass of the animal - can you tell me how many mg (milligrams) of medicine would be needed for the animal?

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

Last edited by a moderator:
This works just like the examples from your book and your class notes:

Given a mass of eight kilograms and a dosage rate of two milligrams per kilogram, how many milligrams do you need? (Hint: Multiply.)

Given this number of milligrams needed and the concentration of medication per milliliter, how many milliliters do you need? (Hint: Divide.)

If you get stuck, please reply showing all of your work so far, specifying where things are bogging down. Thank you! ;)