[moved by S.Khan] and so it goes.....

lookagain

Elite Member
Always rewrite the line in standard form.
\(\displaystyle Ax+By+C=0\) is standard form.

The line \(\displaystyle \bf{Ax+By-(Ax_0+By_0)=0}\) is parallel to the given line through \(\displaystyle \bf{(x_0,y_0)}\).

abel muroi, no, never write the line in standard form unless that is desired of the instructions.

Start with a point-slope form, or a slope-intercept form (if you can determine/solve for b.)

It's dim-witted to do elsewise.

And from your answer choices, they are, or are on the way to being slope-intercept forms.

Then, you can manipulate your equation if need be for one of the answer choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
abel muroi, no, never write the line in standard form unless that is desired of the instructions..
@abel muroi, that is good advice if you don't care about being perceived as a rank amateur such as is the one giving you the advice.

@abel muroi, that is good advice if you don't care about being perceived as a rank amateur such as is the one giving you the advice.

No, abel muroi, it is solid advice from me. Period. You have a confirmed dishonest, inconsistently
mathematically ignorant, and a non-argument-maker in pka. He is low in common sense
and wisdom.

Often here he does not have a grasp on the reality of practical methods or what level his
student audience is at. And it's best to seek out other people's help such as mine, instead
of pka's dim-witted arrogant type, because that's just counterproductive.

No, abel muroi, it is solid advice from me. Period. You have a confirmed dishonest, inconsistently mathematically ignorant, and a non-argument-maker in pka. He is low in common sense
and wisdom.
Often here he does not have a grasp on the reality of practical methods or what level his
student audience is at. And it's best to seek out other people's help such as mine, instead
of pka's dim-witted arrogant type, because that's just counterproductive.
Yes abel muroi, it is solid advice. I said as much if you really do want to be compared to someone who posts such drivel.

Yes abel muroi, it is solid advice. I said as much if you really do want to be compared to someone who posts such drivel.

No, of course you continue to make idiotic posts. Throwing around the word "drivel" is tantamount to you as a criminal throwing a piece
of furniture in the way of me coming after you. You haven't been able to argue against my points. And I told you how wrong it is for you to
make presumptions about people, especially, but not including, their education levels.

You are a rank amateur in mathematics, and I will remind you as such.

...you...idiotic....tantamount to you as a criminal....

You are a rank amateur....
He may be an amateur, but he knows how to be helpful and civil, all the while not introducing extraneous carriage returns which munge formatting on any screen smaller than the poster's.

If the quote above is representative of being a "pro", then I think I'll stick to "amateur" status, too. ;)

He may be an amateur, but he knows how to be > > > helpful <------No, he does so inconsistently.
and
civil, < << <---- No, he does not, you liar. No civil user posts what he did to me, not to mention certain others.

all the while not introducing extraneous carriage returns which munge
formatting on any screen smaller than the poster's. <---- Even *if* this were so, it's completely irrelevant. Stick with a pertinent argument.

If the quote above is representative of being a "pro", then I think I'll stick to "amateur" status, too. ;) Then you'll stick to it, because you're as
much of a liar, ignoramus, and a blind bat as he is!

It'd be best, Elizabeth Stapel, for you to delete post #8 (and sooner than later) to retain some relative credibility.

Last edited:
Absinthe soaked ramblings follow.

I love you looagain!!!
Call me drunk but I'm really starting to be impressed with the depths of your insensibility.
You really really really really really really really need a drink.