From a point 3d to another point 3d

gavosani

Good day,
i am a computer programmer and i have a 3d graphic task.
I went to school some years ago and i am sure i could have solved this easily, but now i have no clues.

I have a point 3d x:5 y:3 z:4 and i want x and y with z=0

I think i could need a 2nd grade equation to solve this but i am not so strong in mathematics, as of now.
I need this to print on a flat screen a 3d graphic and code it in c++ for my program.

If anybody could help, can i have the solution of this with all the values and not only the formula ?

Thank you in advance

Good day,
i am a computer programmer and i have a 3d graphic task.
I went to school some years ago and i am sure i could have solved this easily, but now i have no clues.

I think i could need a 2nd grade equation to solve this but i am not so strong in mathematics, as of now.
I need this to print on a flat screen a 3d graphic and code it in c++ for my program.

If anybody could help, can i have the solution of this with all the values and not only the formula ?

Thank you in advance
What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work even if you feel that it is wrong so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

I think you must tell us more about the project.
As for the programming, I for one have thought about C++ in many years.

I will say that the point \(\displaystyle (5,3,0)\) is on the \(\displaystyle x y \text{-plane}\) directly 'below' the given point.