Proof by induction...i'm totally confused...

darkwarrior92

I have, i can say a pretty big problem with math induction....I actually know almost all steps, but one thing is making me huge trouble, and i have no logical answer for that.

attachment.php

I don't understand how we lose that 3 from 4(k+1)3 , and why do we change place of that k2 ...... :confused:
P.S. That black arrow is just to show where it continues.....

Attachments

• math.jpg
    math.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 18
I have, i can say a pretty big problem with math induction....I actually know almost all steps, but one thing is making me huge trouble, and i have no logical answer for that.

attachment.php

I don't understand how we lose that 3 from 4(k+1)3 , and why do we change place of that k2 ...... :confused:
P.S. That black arrow is just to show where it continues.....

If you work through steps - using pencil and paper - it should be obvious....

If you work through steps - using pencil and paper - it should be obvious....

Actually i was using pencil and paper, i could take a picture from my notebook where is handwritten and post it here, but i was just trying to make it easier to read, so i posted a picture like that....

Most confusing part is that row where i marked with red, and row below that. I can't figure out how that 3 from 4(k+1)3 can just dissapear without any other change (ok, there is also one more change, k2 changed place from k2(k+1)2 to (k+1)2 k2, but again i don't see how is that related)....

I know that there is maybe a clear answer, but i have spent more than whole day just looking at that part to figure it out, but i had no luck.... :sad: