Let X be Exp. Random Var. with param. lambda = 3, Y be Random Var. w/ Y = 3 e^X....

dlamb27

Let X be an exponential random variable with parameter lambda = 3, and let Y be the random variable defined by Y = 3 e^X. Compute the probability density function of Y.

I have no clue how to do this problem and could really use some help. Steps would be nice.

Let X be an exponential random variable with parameter lambda = 3, and let Y be the random variable defined by Y = 3 e^X. Compute the probability density function of Y.
I have no clue how to do this problem and could really use some help. Steps would be nice.
You have got to help us out here. If you know what that means, then please explain what you understand it to mean. If you do not, then tells how you expect to understand the answer.

They'd have had lots of examples "with steps" in your book and in your classroom notes -- if you were taking a class. Have you not studied statistics at all? Because, even if we "did" students' work for them or gave out the answer (which we don't: Read Before Posting), we can't teach a statistics course for you here. :shock:

So I'm hoping you're exaggerating about "having no clue how to do this" sort of exercise, and can reply with a clear listing of your efforts so far. Thank you! ;)