Measuring performance as a percentage of different outputs

irishhorse

Hi all,

First post.
I am attempting to measure performance of many persons with a vast spread of outputs.
The task would be that each completion should be done in less than 1 hour.
However, the task is completed many different times by many different people.

For example:

One person may complete it 150 times and of that 113 of the attempts were less than an hour duration.
Another person completes it 100 times and of that 85 attempts were less than one hour.

At a glance, one person has a score of 85% and the other 75%. However, the person with 75% in fact had more in total (113) less than an hour.

How would I fairly appraise that?

I am mind boggled trying to recall Uni days where a formula would allow me to fairly measure output

Help appreciated :)

IH

I am attempting to measure performance of many persons with a vast spread of outputs.
The task would be that each completion should be done in less than 1 hour.
However, the task is completed many different times by many different people.

For example:

One person may complete it 150 times and of that 113 of the attempts were less than an hour duration.
Another person completes it 100 times and of that 85 attempts were less than one hour.

At a glance, one person has a score of 85% and the other 75%. However, the person with 75% in fact had more in total (113) less than an hour.

How would I fairly appraise that?
What is your specific, technical, mathematical definition of "fair"? Thank you! ;)

What is your specific, technical, mathematical definition of "fair"? Thank you! ;)

Good question!
I suppose I feel that I am not being fair to the people who have more attempts and a result have a lower overall success percentage.
I would like to find a way to remove inequalities and fairly appraise those with more attempts/ more total completions as the purpose is not to encourage less attempts...

To help you set up and solve this differential-equations exercise, we're going to need further information. If you have not been able to make a start, then please at least provide the full and exact text of the exercise, the complete instructions, any background information (tables, algorithms, etc) that you feel may be useful or expected, and an explanation of how you believe you are expected to apply the techniques of differential equations (rather than, say, statistics) to this situation.

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)