Probability - combinations

lalous

Before you turn on a nuclear power plant, it is subjected to a first roundstructure of three independent tests. Each test has a probability of failure p. Followingperforming these tests
If all three tests fail, then we refuse its application function;
If one or both tests fail, then again the three tests;
If we get three wins, then a second run is performed three testssecurity.

The three tests of the second round are also independent and each a probabilityfailure (p*M). Following the implementation of the second test round
If we get three wins, then it authorizes the function of the plant;
If one or both tests fail, then we start the second round of tests;
If all three tests fail, then we start the procedure in the first inningtests.

There is N nuclear power plants to be commissioned. What is the maximum valuep so that the probability of accepting at least central L is greater than W?

Im trying to do te combination, but te fact that there is 2 rounds of tests makes it too hard for me to understand

Last edited:
Before you turn on a nuclear power plant, it is subjected to a first roundstructure of three independent tests. Each test has a probability of failure p. Followingperforming these tests
If all three tests fail, then we refuse its application function;
If one or both tests fail, then again the three tests;
If we get three wins, then a second run is performed three testssecurity.

The three tests of the second round are also independent and each a probabilityfailure (p*M). Following the implementation of the second test round
If we get three wins, then it authorizes the function of the plant;
If one or both tests fail, then we start the second round of tests;
If all three tests fail, then we start the procedure in the first inningtests.

There is N nuclear power plants to be commissioned. What is the maximum valuep so that the probability of accepting at least central L is greater than W?

Im trying to do te combination, but te fact that there is 2 rounds of tests makes it too hard for me to understand

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

Ok here is what I tried to do:

First i tought about the Binomial law, and i tried to solve it backward

P(L>2) = 1 - P(L=0) - P(L=1) = 1 - p^8 - 8(1-p)^7 < 0.89

i took the 2 real roots, and took the one that is between 0 and 1. but then im stuck

The fact that there can be an infnit loop makes it harder for me. I think i need to find the probability of success after ''n'' tests. Idk how to do that

Last edited: