Thread: Latex

Latex

I can't find any website that would allow me to input a formula with standard symbols for fractions, etc; and then give me a rendering that could be cut/pasted into the forum to make the actual symbols I need. Several of the ones I tried didn't produce and just showed a bunch of code on the post preview section.

Maybe a link to a generator that actually works with this form could be posted in some of the "Please Read Before Posting" entries.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by freemathhelpuser View Post
    I can't find any website that would allow me to input a formula with standard symbols for fractions, etc; and then give me a rendering that could be cut/pasted into the forum to make the actual symbols I need. Several of the ones I tried didn't produce and just showed a bunch of code on the post preview section.

Maybe a link to a generator that actually works with this form could be posted in some of the "Please Read Before Posting" entries.
    If a LaTeX generator provided you with coding, then it did what it is supposed to do; namely, provide the coding for whatever you were wanting to post. Lacking any information on what you wanted to post, what generator you used, what information you entered, what coding you got in response, and how is didn't display correctly on FreeMathHelp, I'm afraid there is little we can do.

If you'd like to post math in a simple, standard, web-safe way, with no coding required, then please try here.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freemathhelpuser View Post

It would have to be site specific [or provide just the code and you provide the beginning/end tags]. Different sites use different beginning/ending tags. For example, here the tag pair is [t e x] and [/t e x] without the spaces.

-Ishuda