Pricing Question: Lemonade Drink Mix, 16 count, 8.6 oz = 5.0 cents per oz.

Well, assuming there's no tax involved (just for simplicity's sake, although as long as both items are taxed the same it won't affect which item is cheaper), the process I'd follow is thus:

The first product says it contains 16 individual packets of 8.6 oz each. How many total ounces are in this product? Then, note the cost - $6.82. How much does the product cost per ounce?

The second product says it contains 6 packet of 2 quarts each. Google says 32 ounces make 1 quart. So, how many total ounces are in this product? It costs $2.60. How much does this product cost per ounce? (I'd note that what it says on Walmart's website is wrong. They claim it's 81.3 cents per ounce. Just as a side exercise, can you figure out how many ounces would be in the product if that figure was correct?)

Now that you know how much each product costs per ounce, which one is cheaper?

Seems like quite a jump in price for the 6 Two Qt Packets--How much am I saving?

Hi. It seems like a price jump, until you read the yields.

The $2.60 product yields 12 quarts of beverage, while the $6.82 product yields 32 quarts of beverage.

The cost per quart is almost the same (roughly $0.0035 difference); you'd save 17 cents every 48 quarts.

6 packet of 2 quarts each

In this case, "6 Two Qt Packets" means six packets each yielding two quarts of beverage.

The same phrase could refer to something else, on another page. Their site is not formatted consistently.