A question about hours worked per month on average

coffeeandcheese

Hello. I'm not a smart person. Please help.

I am now changing my shifts at work and am trying to figure out whether ill be working more or less on average.

Scenario A (what im currently doing) - 37.5 hour week. 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day.

Scenario B (which im switching to) - 11 hours a day of work for 4 days straight, 44 hours total. Then 4 day holiday. Then 4 days work.. etc.

My assumption is that since they're not changing my salary I'll be working the same amount of hours as I was before, over a long enough period of time. Unfortunately my tiny brain cannot do the math to confirm this.

Thank you in advance

Hello. I'm not a smart person. Please help.

I am now changing my shifts at work and am trying to figure out whether ill be working more or less on average.

Scenario A (what im currently doing) - 37.5 hour week. 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day.

Scenario B (which im switching to) - 11 hours a day of work for 4 days straight, 44 hours total. Then 4 day holiday. Then 4 days work.. etc.

My assumption is that since they're not changing my salary I'll be working the same amount of hours as I was before, over a long enough period of time. Unfortunately my tiny brain cannot do the math to confirm this.

Thank you in advance

In the first scenario you work a 7 day cycle.

In the second scenario you work a 8 day cycle.

So work out for 56 days (7 * 8) - how long would you be working in each scenario (for 56 days).

By the way, you'll be working 8 extra hours in the second scenario (in a 56 day cycle).