I'm just trying to figure out how to calculate drops for a game

RavenOfBlackRose

Oh, is this a hints forum for school, or something? Sorry, I don't know the method to reach the answer, which is why I was asking. I'm just trying to figure out how to calculate drops for a game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the purpose of this forum is to help students (of all ages) better understand the concepts of mathematics. We do so, not by giving solutions, but by giving hints to encourage students to answer not just this one exercise, but to develop the skills to answer future similar exercises. As for your specific case, my best recommendation would be to study probability, with a specific emphasis on independent events. Personally, I like this website, but there are many others just a Google search away if you find this one unsatisfactory.

Yes, the purpose of this forum is to help students (of all ages) better understand the concepts of mathematics. We do so, not by giving solutions, but by giving hints to encourage students to answer not just this one exercise, but to develop the skills to answer future similar exercises. As for your specific case, my best recommendation would be to study probability, with a specific emphasis on independent events. Personally, I like this website, but there are many others just a Google search away if you find this one unsatisfactory.

No problem.

Thanks!

Oh, I should probably also mention that a box and an item will always appear / drop, it's just the weightings will be different. I'm just curious to know how I could calculate the percent chance of Item 3 dropping in this scenario.
You are really a sad piece of work are you not. Why do you expect us to be mind-readers.
You post the exact question (the exact wording) so we do not waste our time giving an answer for something you hold only in your one head.