Suggestion: Post to announce you approved a thread?

TooDumbForCollege

Hi, I just have a suggestion that might be useful, or it might not be, but its an idea anyway! I thought maybe its a good idea when someone's thread has to be approved by a staff member for the staff member to post, announced its been approved. Why, you might ask? Because, for example, I posted my thread around eight hours ago, but someone posted in an active thread after. So by the time my thread was approved, it wasn't the top thread so a lot of people won't look at it. I assume this will happen a lot, so it might be a good way to avoid new threads getting buried. :)

... by the time my thread was approved, it wasn't the top thread so a lot of people won't look at it.

I'm not sure about your conclusion because it doesn't apply to me. I click the "New Posts" link, each time I visit the boards. I look at all of the listings on that page; I don't pay much attention to the ordering of the results.

(I saw your thread, but I cannot assist you because I'm not familiar with Euler Paths or Euler Circuits. If you enter "Euler path" with quotes into the search field, there are some results to check out.)

Thanks for the suggestion. There is no staff, at this site. We have only volunteer moderators, and I feel that manually posting dozens of announcements in approved threads each week would be too much to ask of them.

I think the threshold is still five threads, for new members. Three more posts, and you're set free! :)

I wish you good fortune, in your studies.

Hi, I just have a suggestion that might be useful, or it might not be, but its an idea anyway! I thought maybe its a good idea when someone's thread has to be approved by a staff member for the staff member to post, announced its been approved. Why, you might ask? Because, for example, I posted my thread around eight hours ago, but someone posted in an active thread after. So by the time my thread was approved, it wasn't the top thread so a lot of people won't look at it. I assume this will happen a lot, so it might be a good way to avoid new threads getting buried. :)
Some forum scripts have that capability ("Notify user of approval?"); this one, to my knowledge, does not. Sorry. :oops: