Calculus Assignment Review

Umbra

If anyone is able to, would they be able to just look over my assignment and let me know what questions I got wrong? (I'm pretty sure #1 in incorrect at the moment)

Thanks in advance.

Here is the link for download (.pdf file) because forum's file size limits are too small.
http://www.filedropper.com/assessment3

If anyone is able to, would they be able to just look over my assignment and let me know what questions I got wrong? (I'm pretty sure #1 in incorrect at the moment)

Thanks in advance.

Here is the link for download (.pdf file) because forum's file size limits are too small.
http://www.filedropper.com/assessment3
I'm sorry, but most people with at least a rudimentary grasp of online security are not going to go to a site they don't know to download a file they don't know. If you have particular questions, please reply with those specific exercises, along with a clear listing of all of your steps leading to your answers. Thank you! ;)

I'm sorry, but most people with at least a rudimentary grasp of online security are not going to go to a site they don't know to download a file they don't know. If you have particular questions, please reply with those specific exercises, along with a clear listing of all of your steps leading to your answers. Thank you! ;)

As someone taking Computer Security, I fully understand why people would be and should be hesitant at downloading files from unknown sources. As that I'm just looking for someone to review my work, which happens to be 11 pages long, I thought that providing a download option would be time-saving (at least for me).

I've provided some pictures of the document to hopefully ease some minds as well as show the work for those that don't wish to download the whole file.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 2
Question 1 is incorrect. If u and v are placed tail to tail as in your diagram, you need to complete the parallelogram and the diagonal from the origin will be u+v.
Using the cos rule, the angle is the supplement of 55 deg (ie 125 deg)
Also, there is no North defined in the question. You decided to place u in the east direction for convenience. So you will need to state the direct of the resultant in relation to either u or v.

Question 2. Very hard to read. You should ensure any multiple of v is parallel to v (same for u). Doesn't look like that's the case.

Question 3. Would like to see the original question. Watch your notation. Is vector (pq) supposed to be vector (p+q)? Are you missing a + sign on your second line of working?
Also something is seriously wrong with finding the magnitude in b). Once you have the vector, the mag should be straight forward.

Q4 & Q5 look good, although your typed vector notation is starting to be annoying.

Q6 correct answer. But you do not have a formula for total cost.

Q7 correct answer. But you haven't confirmed it's a minimum.

Q8. One of those methods is sufficient - either gradients OR lengths. Conclusion is correct. Grad BC is incorrect though. Haven't checked your lengths.

Q11. You can't add a vector and a scalar! 0 should be the 0 vector (0, 0, 0).

Q12 seems good.

Q13. I'd like to see your confirmation of max (which you have done on part c ) in part a).

Last edited:

Thank you so much for the help!
Here are the edited versions of questions 3, 7, 11, and 13. I still have to fix question 1 and 2. Also, I'm not sure what you meant by Grad BC is incorrect for question 8. I looked over it and I couldn't figure out what was wrong so if you could clarify it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, as that I have other questions for review, would you mind if I sent you a personal message directly for help?

Thanks again, I truly appreciate the help and patience while I learn this stuff.

Attachments

• question_7.jpg
    question_7.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
  • question_3b.jpg
    question_3b.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1
  • question_3a.jpg
    question_3a.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
  • question_13.jpg
    question_13.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
  • question_11.jpg
    question_11.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1

Oh, and here is question 14 which didn't get posted earlier.

Attachments

• question_14b.jpg
    question_14b.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
  • question_14a.jpg
    question_14a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0