Discounts to several differentitems in a buy 7 get 2 free.

kit

I need a little help. I'm trying to find out the amount of a discount to several differentitems in a buy 7 get 2 free. The cost ofthe 9 items were $90, $125, $90, $60, $60, $100, $100, $100, $100. Both $60amounts were taken off the bill as the 2 lowest amounts was the discount($120). How do I apply the discount rateto each item as there were several different people paying for theiritems. All items were put together inorder to receive the discount offered. Please help.

I need a little help. I'm trying to find out the amount of a discount to several differentitems in a buy 7 get 2 free.The cost ofthe 9 items were $90, $125, $90, $60, $60, $100, $100, $100, $100. Both $60amounts were taken off the bill as the 2 lowest amounts was the discount($120).How do I apply the discount rateto each item as there were several different people paying for theiritems.All items were put together inorder to receive the discount offered.Please help.
Total bill w/o discount = 825;

Total bill with discount = 705;

So everybody pays (705/825) fraction of their original bill.

I'd try this:
1: buy 9 @ 125, so get $250 discount.
2: return 8 items and replace with 60,60,90,90,100,100,100,100.
Ahem!!
Yep, I was right when I said that you're a better cheater than me (and I'm originally from Brooklyn).

From Brooklyn hey?
Where teachers teach along the lines of:
if you steal one apple, then steal 2 more,
how many apples have you got?
More along the lines of if little Johnny buy 1 ounce of cocaine for $100 and makes 4 gram bags and sells them each for $20 how much profit does he make? The problem is that before anyone can answer there are gun shots.

The sad part is that a teacher actually asked a problem similar to what I wrote above thinking that it would relate to the students. He was quickly fired

Total bill w/o discount = 825;

Total bill with discount = 705;

So everybody pays (705/825) fraction of their original bill.

But that doesn't work. If you do the reverse math, you don't come up with the total we paid with discount. We paid $705 plus tax. The $120 discount must applied in a certain percentage so as it is fair across the board.

But that doesn't work. If you do the reverse math, you don't come up with the total we paid with discount. We paid $705 plus tax. The $120 discount must applied in a certain percentage so as it is fair across the board.
Please reply showing your work, so we can see where things are going wrong. Thank you! ;)