If you need 4 cups of marshmallows and 6 cups of rice krispys but only have 3 cups of

Ffssdh hi7t

If you need 4 cups of marshmallows and 6 cups of rice krispys but only have 3 cups of marshmallows how many cups of krispys do you need. Please show work!

Please show work!

Sorry, but as you read in the Read Before Posting thread, that's not what we do here - that's your job. We're not one of those "cheetz" sites, we don't do your homework. We provide hints to guide you to be able to do it yourself.

That said, the problem you've posted is so poorly written, I can't even decipher what your textbook/instructor may be wanting you to do. It seems to me that if "you need 4 cups of marshmallows" and you only have 3 cups... well, you're just out of luck. I suspect the exact, full task of the exercise clarifies what, exactly, you need the marshmallows and the krispies for. Please share that information with us, quoting the problem word-for-word if possible. Please also share with us any and all work you've done on this problem, even if you know it's wrong. Thank you.

If you need 4 cups of marshmallows and 6 cups of rice krispys but only have 3 cups of marshmallows how many cups of krispys do you need?
Are we supposed to assume that the "need" is what is stated in the original recipe, the "have" is what is on-hand, and the "do you need" is the instruction to set up a ratio or proportion, in order to convert the original recipe to fit what you have on-hand? If so, what have you done so far? Where are you stuck? If not, what is the rest of the information for this exercise?

Thank you! ;)

If you need 4 cups of marshmallows and 6 cups of rice krispys but only have 3 cups of marshmallows how many cups of krispys do you need. Please show work!

Well let's see. You need 6 cups of rice krispys but only have 3 cups of marshmallows. I think that maybe you need 6 cups of rice krispys (and 1 cup of marshmallows).

Now that I answered your question I have a couple of things to say.

First, never come onto this forum again TELLING the volunteers what they need to do for you. We don't need to do anything for you, especially with that attitude.

2ndly, if you want help with YOUR problem, then come back to the forum, after reading the rules of this forum, state the problem carefully showing the work you have done so far and ask politely for ASSISTANCE with YOUR problem asI am almost certain that you stated the problem wrong.

You need 6 cups of krispys. You just said that!

If you mean to ask how many cups of Krispys you need to mix with the marshmallows in the same ratio, that's a different question and you should have said that!