Find the sum of the elements of the cubes which are cut by the single diagonal cut.

Achin

attachment.php

A Cube of side 4 cm is cut into 64 equal parts which are numbered from 1 to 64 in such a manner.The cube is single Diagonal cut.
Now find the sum of the elements of the cubes which are cut by the single diagonal cut.

I founded out how many elements or small number of identical cubes will be there.
As there is a genral formula for a
Single Diagonal cut : n2
hence 4​2 = 16 small identical cubes will be cut.
But i now want to found which are those 16 cubes which will be cut.
I want to sum/add the numbers or digits which are written upon those cubes. Please tell this ?

Attachments

• cubes2.jpg
    cubes2.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
attachment.php

A Cube of side 4 cm is cut into 64 equal parts which are numbered from 1 to 64 in such a manner.The cube is single Diagonal cut.
Now find the sum of the elements of the cubes which are cut by the single diagonal cut.

I founded out how many elements or small number of identical cubes will be there.
As there is a genral formula for a
Single Diagonal cut : n2
hence 4​2 = 16 small identical cubes will be cut.
But i now want to found which are those 16 cubes which will be cut.
I want to sum/add the numbers or digits which are written upon those cubes. Please tell this ?

Questions:

Is it a home-work problem or Math Competition problem?

If it is a Homework problem:

What is the relevant "sub-topic" of mathematics being taught for this section?

There are two types of diagonal that can be "cut" on a cube - "face" diagonal and "body" diagonal. Which diagonal is being referenced here?

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

Is it a home-work problem or Math Competition problem?

If it is a Homework problem:

What is the relevant "sub-topic" of mathematics being taught for this section?

There are two types of diagonal that can be "cut" on a cube - "face" diagonal and "body" diagonal. Which diagonal is being referenced here?

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33
[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a Mathematics Competition Problem from Quantitative Aptitude from Chapter named "Cubes" of RS AGGarwal.
I dont know about which diagonal it is.
My teacher just made me learn two facts to find total identical cubes which are cut after the following diagonal cuts
for single Diagonal cut formula is : n2
for double Diagonal cut formula is : 2*n2 [when n is even]

respected sir
the sum of all those cubes which will be double diagonal cut would be 1040 .

A similar question like this had been asked in CAT as well as MAT examinations :)