Drawing letters with functions' graphs

sherif

Hello everyone, I am new here
I have a question that isn't really a maths problem,
my maths teacher birthday is coming up and I though writing his name with functions on a poster of some sort would be a cool idea for a present
his name is (Magdy Hatata) , as far as my knowledge goes, I can do each letter in full caps with 2 functions (for example M would be y=-(x-2)2 +4, y=-(x-6)2 +4) except the letter G I have no clue how to draw it
is there a way to do this will less equations (implicit or sth) ? if not at least any help with the G :confused:
thanks in advance and sorry as the question isn't really academic

If you're graphing it in all capital letters, then I think the easiest way to draw a G would be to use a semi-circle with some straight lines for "flourish". Do you know the equation of a semi-circle? If not, think of the equation of a circle. What happens if you solve that equation for y? What if you solve it for x? Now those will give you the top and right half of a circle, so how do you think you'd get the left or bottom half of a circle?

If you're graphing it in all capital letters, then I think the easiest way to draw a G would be to use a semi-circle with some straight lines for "flourish". Do you know the equation of a semi-circle? If not, think of the equation of a circle. What happens if you solve that equation for y? What if you solve it for x? Now those will give you the top and right half of a circle, so how do you think you'd get the left or bottom half of a circle?
I only knew the circle equation but your tips helped, solving for x and mirroring it with a -ve sign got me the equation of the left half x=-root(r2-y2)
this gets the job done!.
I have to admit I never knew there was a function for a semi-circle. actually, I never thought that solving an implicit function for x or y would make a difference! but now this makes sense as solving for either eliminates its -ve instances
thanks for the help and making me learn sth new today :D