Integration problem

What are your thoughts? What have you tried? I note that this looks like just the answer key portion. In the actual text of the problem, were you given f(x) and g(x)? Please be as specific as you can as to exactly where the book's explanation stops making sense to you. The more specific you can be, the better help we can provide you. Thank you.

specific

What are your thoughts? What have you tried? I note that this looks like just the answer key portion. In the actual text of the problem, were you given f(x) and g(x)? Please be as specific as you can as to exactly where the book's explanation stops making sense to you. The more specific you can be, the better help we can provide you. Thank you.

f(x)=2sinx,g(x)=tanx
and i am asked to find the area between -pi/3 <_ x <_ pi/3
i understand the integration but at the end when i try to plug in pi/3
i end up getting a different answer

at the end what i did was:
2(-1+ ln1-ln2)

i dont understand how they got a positive 1 in : 2(1-ln2)

Last edited:
f(x)=2sinx,g(x)=tanx
and i am asked to find the area between -pi/3 <_ x <_ pi/3
i understand the integration but at the end when i try to plug in pi/3
i end up getting a different answer

at the end what i did was:
2(-1+ ln1-ln2) from 0 to pi/3
You have only calculated F(pi/3). You now need to calculate F(0) and then F(pi/3)-F(0) to get the final value as given.

thank you !

You have only calculated F(pi/3). You now need to calculate F(0) and then F(pi/3)-F(0) to get the final value as given.
ooooooooooh your right thank you! i didn't do the 0 because i thought it would just give 0, but i just realized that its trig and not algebra and that the cos(0)=1 :p