Velocity Unknown

ultron2099

Real life accident, but unknown variable I'm trying to solve. I know the other driver had to be speeding, but other then pictures I have no math to back it up. So I'm hoping someone smart can figure this out.

Vehicle one travel west at 10 mph combined weight of 4300 lbs
Vehicle two travel south unknown speed total weight of 3400 lbs

Vehicle two hits vehicle one passenger rear tire head on.
Force of impact rotates Vehicle one on drivers front tire, entire vehicle spins 180 degrees and now faces east.

So how fast would vehicle two need to be going to compensate for the 900 lbs of difference and rotate vehicle one 180 degrees??

This happened on dry road.

Real life accident, but unknown variable I'm trying to solve. I know the other driver had to be speeding, but other then pictures I have no math to back it up. So I'm hoping someone smart can figure this out.

Vehicle one travel west at 10 mph combined weight of 4300 lbs
Vehicle two travel south unknown speed total weight of 3400 lbs

Vehicle two hits vehicle one passenger rear tire head on.
Force of impact rotates Vehicle one on drivers front tire, entire vehicle spins 180 degrees and now faces east.

So how fast would vehicle two need to be going to compensate for the 900 lbs of difference and rotate vehicle one 180 degrees??

This happened on dry road.
To solve this problem, you need to go to a competent "accident-recount" professional.

Lot more data needed - dimension of your vehicle (to account for rotation), tire-road friction coefficient, etc.

Some answers

To solve this problem, you need to go to a competent "accident-recount" professional.

Lot more data needed - dimension of your vehicle (to account for rotation), tire-road friction coefficient, etc.

Please keep in mind I'm not looking for a perfect or exact number. A best guess with available numbers would do. However I can fill in a few blanks to help further.

Vehicle one is a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LX. Length 200.6 in, width 78.6 in Height 68.9 in. Wheelbase 119.3 in Weight 4239 lbs. Driver plus passenger come to 450 lbs.

Vehicle two is a 2007 Chevy Malibu LS. Length 188.3 in, width 69.9 in Height 57.5 in Wheelbase 106.3 in Weight 3174 lbs.
Driver weighed about 150 lbs.

Drag factor can be estimated at 0.8

Please keep in mind I'm not looking for a perfect or exact number. A best guess with available numbers would do.
There's a reason that cops, when filling out accident reports, use software to come to preliminary conclusions, and why accident-reconstruction experts cost so much. It's because the computations involved are much more involved that what can be done with estimates of masses and guesses as to friction coefficients.

What you are asking for is something for which you need to hire a qualified engineer who specializes in this area. The volunteer math helpers give of their time to help struggling math students. Even were we qualified to provide accident-reconstruction services (and we aren't), this is not the purpose of this forum.

In addition, it is quite unlikely that any court would take a forum posting seriously. To argue your case, have your attorney hire the required expert. You may be able to get the job done for under ten thousand dollars. (For instance, here.)

Good luck! ;-)