Workforce problem: 61 staff are transferring and they work 24/7....

Jaden01%

Let say you taking on a new service for a business, 61 staff are transferring and they work 24/7. When they work between 9am to 5pm they earn standart rate, but after this time they get time and half weekdays. On Saturday they earn time and half and Sunday is double time.
I wanted to apply a percentage for the shift that are outside normal hours, what percentage would I apply to the budget to reflect the enhance payments to the staff.

So if cost the staff on the current salary working 9am to 5pm. I would need to apply a pecentage uplift as not all the staff would earn enhance payment each week for unsocial hours.

This will help me set the correct budget for these staff- I could just apply 30% increase but would perfer a logical calculation

Last edited:
What is the standard rate of pay for working between 9am and 5pm on weekdays?

How are these 61 employees scheduled each week into shifts and days of the week?

What is the standard rate of pay for working between 9am and 5pm on weekdays?

How are these 61 employees scheduled each week into shifts and days of the week?

Hi

They are paid differently depending on grade.The 61 WTE are needed to cover the demand for the week. Unfortunately I don't have the work schedule or shift pattern.

In most cases I would take the staff and map them to there **** profile to work out average time they receive enhancements i.e working outside 9-5 weekday. As I don't have this was trying to find out another solution.

cheers

Let say you taking on a new service for a business, 61 staff are transferring and they work 24/7. When they work between 9am to 5pm they earn standart rate, but after this time they get time and half weekdays. On Saturday they earn time and half and Sunday is double time.
I wanted to apply a percentage for the shift that are outside normal hours, what percentage would I apply to the budget to reflect the enhance payments to the staff.

So if cost the staff on the current salary working 9am to 5pm. I would need to apply a pecentage uplift as not all the staff would earn enhance payment each week for unsocial hours.

This will help me set the correct budget for these staff- I could just apply 30% increase but would perfer a logical calculation

You need to hire a HR person for 61 people crew.