A TO Z MATH

Have you done this before?

• Total voters

xaver32991

Hi I'm doing a math A to Z project and I have most of the letters, the only ones I don't have is J, M, U, W, K, S, V, and Z. They should be geometric terms. If you can please help me, I'd appreciate it!

xaver32991

Thanks

I have gone to google, askjeeves, dogpile, you name it, and I keep getting the same sites, and that doesn't work. I need J, M, U, W, K, S, V, and Z. I have the rest, but thankyou for your help

happy

They are in the link I gave you. Look carefully.

Unco

xaver32991 said:
Hi I'm doing a math A to Z project and I have most of the letters, the only ones I don't have is J, M, U, W, K, S, V, and Z. They should be geometric terms. If you can please help me, I'd appreciate it!
The goal is to give a mathematical term beginning with each letter?

If so, I think you'd find http://www.mathwords.com/index_geometry.htm useful.

Edit: of course: kite!

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
xaver32991 said:
I'm doing a math A to Z project....
Would you care to define what a "math A to Z project" is?

A tutor guessed, but you said that the link he gave you wasn't helpful. Providing the actual definition might be a little more useful than your poll.

Thank you for your consideration.

Eliz.

P.S. to mods: Can the polling feature be turned off please? I've yet to see it used in any even vaguely useful or on-topic manner. Thank you for your time.

tkhunny

Staff member
stapel said:
P.S. to mods: Can the polling feature be turned off please? I've yet to see it used in any even vaguely useful or on-topic manner. Thank you for your time.
I can delete the poll and leave the question, but only one poll at a time. Ted?

Denis

In the same way as there is a "geometry" section,
why not have a "poll" section...so a poll cannot be used anywhere else :?: :shock:

Mrspi

Re: Thanks

xaver32991 said:
I have gone to google, askjeeves, dogpile, you name it, and I keep getting the same sites, and that doesn't work. I need J, M, U, W, K, S, V, and Z. I have the rest, but thankyou for your help
Is this geometry?? If so, I don't think you've tried all that hard:

M: median, midpoint
V: vertex
S: semicircle
W: width
K: usually the symbol used to represent the contant of variation, as in y = kx

When someone suggest sites, you may have to LOOK CAREFULLY at what is included in those sites...the answers are not likely to just jump out at you.