Advice!

askmemath

I saw this posted on another site.
My 8th grader is very focus and self motivated. She researches colleges on the Web and is determined to get an advance diploma. She asked to move to honors math’s which is Algebra 1. She has maintained a B+ which is good since she didn’t do Pre-Algebra. Her teacher has been naughty all year because she thinks I am the one pushing the child.
Now the child wants to go to summer school and do geometry. I clearly told her I would rather her enjoy her summer, but she insisted that’s what she wants to do.
I spoke to her teacher and councilor and they said “she’s moving too fast it’s going to catch-up with her.”
I don’t want to discourage the child. How can I trust her teacher and councilor judgment when they clearly told me the child wouldn’t succeed in Algebra?
She made straight A's in honors English and the English teacher didn’t recommend her for 9th grade honors English. When I asked her why she said the child doesn’t show any zeal.
The child is very quiet, works hard has five A’s and one B on all her reports. But I’m totally confused with the lack of support from the school.

Can some one please offer me honest suggestion? She didn’t do pre-algebra, will that hurt her ability to do well in high school maths?

That's why I answered it in the other forum. That's why multiple posts are bad.