ahh.

hannahgrace

Okay, so I just started my calculus college at my present university. It's been almost two years since I took pre-calc or any math at all. I don't understand how to do anything, so posting the problem and recieving the answer hardly does me good if I don't understand the steps! I need help being reminded on domain and range, ex problems: Finding the domain and range of the following functions.

1. F(t)= 1 / t^1/2

I understand that there can't be a zero on the denominator, and I understand there can't be a negative square root. But I still am not clicking with the answer even though I know it just takes some thinking.

2. g(z)= (4-z^2)^1/2
3. F(t)= 1/1+t^1/2
4. g(z)=(z-3)^1/3

If you understand that there can't be a zero in the denominator, then you understand that any x-value that does create a zero in the denominator can't be in the domain, and you would thus solve for the zeroes of the denominator, since the domain would then be everything else.

If you understand that there can't be a negative inside a square root, then you understand that any x-value that does create a negative inside the square root can't be in the domain, and you would thus set the root's argument "greater than or equal to zero", and solve for the allowable values.

Eliz.