Any advise on building my youtube channel

Steven G

Elite Member
As a graduate of The City University of New York from The College of Staten Island and the historic City College of New York I certainly learned that math is theoretical. During undergraduate school and certainly in graduate school the lectures were mostly theorem-proof type. There was absolutely no spoon feeding going on in my classes. If you paid tuition it did not mean that you passed!

In any case, I made up a youtube channel that does mathematical proofs. The channel is called nothing but math proofs which has over 250 videos so far. I was wondering if you have any advise on how to grow this channel. The url is here.

If any proofs are not correct, then please let me know.

Steve

Last edited:
Hey Jomo

I looked at your site. Everything I ever learned about linear algebra I picked up in abstract algebra so I did not look at proofs involving linear algebra.

I did look at the one entitled Proof of a Nice Divisibility Rule

Very nice video. I certainly saw no error in it. I did see one very minor infelicity. When you define divisibility and indivisibility, you use [MATH]\implies[/MATH] rather than [MATH]\iff[/MATH]. Then at the very end of the formal proof, you need to reverse the direction of implication. There is no error of course, and the stumbling block is more a stumbling pebble for a very careless student.

A more significant problem is that there is no guide to finding theorems that a student may be interested in.

Hope you find these comments helpful.

PLEASE HELP!

I go to watch (sleep and feed benzin generator in neighborough town for 500 roubles), can you say me any youtube channels or search requests from where i can learn understand of modern english language sounds? I wish see programming lectures or like it. Maybe i shall too! Forex, exist such DRAKON - i dont know it, but pics are funny.
Try asking at English Language Learners Stack Exchange

Jomo, one suggestion I would make is that you eliminate all those identical graphics with the titles. They just take up space. Just list the titles, perhaps collected in groups by subject such as "Linear Independence", "Derivatives" etc., similar to the way these forums are classified. Also, given the large number of mathematics web pages, you may need to make it searchable to be noticed. A student wanting information about linear independence and basis might well just type that into Google. Try that and you will see what the problem is if you want to be noticed. Good luck. I don't think it will be easy. By the way, the noun is "advice" and the verb is "advise".

Maybe I’m reviving a zombie thread, but it’s only been around 3 weeks so..

for me, back when I had a YouTube channel, @LCKurtz is definitely correct where it needs to be searchable. i would like to add however that tags on the video are very useful and allow it to appear more in the YouTube algorithm and trends

try tags #ALGEBRA
#TRIGONOMETRY
#GEOMETRY
#CALCULUS
et cetera