Calculus prerequisites-Logarithms n functions dunno wat 2 d

gcfan4life1023

in exercises 33-36 draw the graph n determine the domain n range of the function
#33 y=2ln(3-x)-4
I tried entering it into the graphin calculator but the graph in the back of the book in the answers part is different then the one I got. I know that ln is the natural logarithm which is e but i don't know how to go about solving the equation
Can someone explain this to me so maybe i can understand the other problems please?

There isn't anything to "solve" here; you're just graphing. Since I can't see what's in the back of your book, nor what you've entered into your calculator, I can't comment on that. But to graph a log function, just pick values of x (from the domain, obviously), plug them in, and find the corresponding y-value (decimal values, in this case). Draw the dots, and connect them into a curvy line.

The "domain" is all allowable x-values. Since you can't have zero or negatives inside a log, you'll need to set the argument "greater than zero", and solve for the domain.

The range, naturally, will be "all y".

Eliz.

The domain is (-infinity,3)
3-x is positive for all negative x and for 0 to <3 so you can take the ln. For x>3 it is zero or minus so no ln exists. It goes to -infinity as x->3 and infinity as x->-infinity but very slowly. Setting the window to
x<sub>min</sub>=-10
x<sub>max</sub>=4
y<sub>min</sub>=-10
y<sub>max</sub>=2
should give a pretty good graph