Cuboids: drawing 1×2×3, 2×3×4, 2×4×6

G

Cuboids: drawing 1×2×3, 2×3×4, 2×4×6

I'm having trouble drawing cuboids. I know it sounds dumb but I am. I understand it's Length x Width x Height.

I wish to draw these:

. . .1x2x3
. . .2x3x4
. . .2x4x6

So in the first one, 1 is length, 2 is width and 3 is height.

Can someone help me draw these, maybe up uploading a jpeg they've drawn in Paint.

Grab your ruler.

For the 1×2×3, draw a three-centimeter line, almost horizontal, but angled down a bit to the right. Draw a two-centimeter line from the right-hand end of the first line, angling back up to the right a bit more than the first line angled down. These are your base lines.

Where these two lines meet, draw a directly vertical line up, to a length of one centimeter. This is a height line.

From the left-hand end of the first line and the right-hand end of the second line, draw similar vertical lines. Connect the tops of these vertical lines with angled lines parallel to the first and second lines.

From the top of the left-most vertical line, draw a slanty line parallel to the second base line. From the top of the right-most vertical line, draw a slanty line parallel to the first base line. These two lines should meet in "the back".

That's your shape. Now do the same thing for the other two shapes.

Eliz.

So from this:

p035.gif

Which colour are the legnth, width and height?

carlito said:
Which colour are the legnth, width and height?
That depends entirely upon how you define the terms, and assumes that nobody flips the cube onto another side.

Eliz.