Drop-Off Rate for Instagram Followers: modelling for 'new' and 'total' numbers

shellbelle

Please forgive me if this isn't in the right thread as I'm not sure which thread this problem falls under.

I recently ran a giveaway on my company's Instagram account. One of the requirements to enter the giveaway was to follow my company on IG. We gained a lot of new followers from this giveaway and I want to calculate the percentage of people who unfollowed after the giveaway ended. This giveaway lasted 3 days.

Information that I have:
# followers before giveaway
# followers after giveaway
# new followers on day 1/day 2/day 3
Total followers on day 1/day 2/day 3
# new followers 1 day, 3 days, and 7 days after the giveaway ended
Total followers 1 day, 3 days, and 7 days after the giveaway ended

How would I account for average daily organic growth? How would I write up this formula?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Please forgive me if this isn't in the right thread as I'm not sure which thread this problem falls under.

I recently ran a giveaway on my company's Instagram account. One of the requirements to enter the giveaway was to follow my company on IG. We gained a lot of new followers from this giveaway and I want to calculate the percentage of people who unfollowed after the giveaway ended. This giveaway lasted 3 days.

Information that I have:
# followers before giveaway
# followers after giveaway
# followers on day 1/day 2/day 3
Total followers on day 1/day 2/day 3
# followers 1 day, 3 days, and 7 days after the giveaway ended
Total followers 1 day, 3 days, and 7 days after the giveaway ended

How would I account for average daily organic growth? How would I write up this formula?

Thank you!
What's the difference between "# followers" and "Total followers"?